Ladder Learning Services Job postings as of September 2021
Click below for details on each position:
Online Dyslexia (reading) Tutor / Online Barton Tutor
Work with our amazing students who have dyslexia, dysgraphia, ADHD and other learning challenges online using the Zoom platform. Our online students range from age 8 to adult. This is challenging and rewarding work; you will have a steady set of clients who you see multiple times/week, and you will be able to see their growth and progress first-hand.
You set your own schedule– but keep in mind most students will want after-school during the school year and before/after camp during the summer. Your students will come from all US time-zones from PST to EST. We occasionally have international students as well.
You have the following qualifications:
- Barton Advanced Certification
- At least two years of experience working with children as a teacher or tutor (work with students who have learning challenges preferred)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be able to commit to at least 4 hours/week for at least a full calendar year
- Must be able to commit to a regular schedule for lessons (same times/days for the school year; can be different times/days in the summer months June-August)
- Clear criminal background check
- Excellent high-speed internet access and new working computer system
If you are:
- Encouraging, patient, upbeat
- Organized, an independent worker
- An excellent communicator
- Always ready to try something new and learn new things
- Tech-savvy; able to troubleshoot computer issues
Then we want to hear from you!
Compensation: $32.00 to $40.00 per 50-min tutoring hour (commensurate with experience and qualifications)
About Ladder Learning Services LLC:
Ladder Learning Services LLC is a tutoring business serving clients in Metro Atlanta and beyond since 2009. We began offering online services in 2013. Our mission is to provide excellent, affordable, multisensory tutoring services to children and adults who have learning challenges such as dyslexia, dysgraphia and ADHD. We value diversity in our clients and tutoring staff.
Send your resume and cover letter, to Co-Director Dite Bray ( ladderlearningjobs at gmail.com ) along with your Barton Advanced Certificate, and 3 professional references (both email and phone numbers please, or up to 2 of them can be letters of recommendation). You will have a separate application for the background check.
We also require submission of a 20-min video clip of you delivering an online lesson (with a student or other adult in the student role). This can be submitted in MP4 format via Dropbox, Youtube, or Google Drive to ladderlearning at gmail.com